Updates Regarding COVID-19
A Message from Our Team:
We are excited to announce that, as of Thursday, June 3, we will welcome one Pet Parent per patient into our hospital building. If a Pet Parent is accompanied by small children, we kindly encourage you to take advantage of curbside or drop off.
Please note that although the CDC recently updated its guidance stating that fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear face masks, we believe in safety first for all. We continue to require masks for both team members and Pet Parents for the time being.
Curbside appointments are still available if you choose not to come inside the hospital – we want to make sure all of our Pet Parents are comfortable as COVID-19 guidelines continue to change. If you choose curbside service, please don't forget to call upon your arrival!
As always, we appreciate your patience and support as we continue to navigate the ever-changing COVID-19 safety guidance.
Thanks so much!
Appointments, Day Admissions, Pickups, Medication, and Food refills will all be handled curbside. We are not currently taking walk-ins - appointments only.
- Please bring dogs on a leash and cats in a carrier
- Upon your arrival at the clinic, remain in your vehicle and call us to check-in
- A team member will discuss all your needs and concerns by phone during check-in
- A team member will meet you in the parking lot and individually bring your pet(s) in for evaluation and care
You may choose to wait in your vehicle during your pet's examination or return at a later scheduled pick up time. We are only allowing staff members inside the practice at this time.
Appointments, Day Admissions, Pickups:
- Please bring dogs on a leash and cats in a carrier.
- Upon your arrival at the clinic please park on the side of the building.
- Remain in your vehicle and call us at (254) 690-4000 to check-in.
- A client service representative will check you in and transfer you to a technician to gather history and discuss all of your needs and concerns.
- A technician will meet you at the side fenced in yard and individually bring your pet(s) in for evaluation and care.
- After evaluation, we will call you to go over findings and transfer you to a client service representative to check out.
Medication and Food Refills:
- Please call in advance to place a refill order.
- We will call or text you when your prescription or food is ready to be picked up.
- Upon your arrival at the clinic please park in the front of the building.
- Remain in your vehicle and call us at (254) 690-4000 to let us know you have arrived.
- A client service representative will take payment over the phone and bring out your prescription/food.
Please wait in your vehicle during your pet's examination. We are only allowing staff members inside the practice at this time.
You may pay for services and products over the phone by credit/debit card. For other payment methods, please ask a team member for assistance.
Additional Measures we are Asking Clients to Follow:
- Please do not come to our clinic if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have a fever.
- Please reschedule your pet’s veterinarian appointment if you have been in contact with anyone that has had a fever or possible COVID-19 exposure.
Pets and the Coronavirus:
It is important to note that there is currently no evidence that pets can become sick with COVID-19. Infectious disease experts, as well as the CDC, World Organization for Animal Health, and World Health Organization indicate there is also no evidence to suggest that pet dogs or cats can be a source of infection with SARS-CoV-2, including spreading COVID-19 to people. More investigation is underway and as we learn more, we will update you.
The CDC and The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)also have comprehensive websites with up-to-date information about COVID-19 and your pet(s). Additional information about the Coronavirus and your pets’ health are available at the following online resources:
We value your partnership in your pet’s healthcare and appreciate your patience, understanding, and continued support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
East Lake Veterinary Center
3518 East Rancier Ave Killeen, TX 76543
Mon-Tues: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM Weds: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Thurs-Fri: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM Sat: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM* Sun: Closed *Due to temporary staffing needs, we will be closed the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month until further notice.